Thursday, March 19, 2009

Project'n


I've been on spring break this week and using the time to get caught up on stuff at home. At first I was extremely good at honeydo projects and seemed to knock them out without any trouble... then I got married.
Seriously though, I've learned that certain projects have red flags all over them if one knows what to look for. Right after we bought this house, Pam and I started talking about remodeling the bathroom off the master bedroom. Two and a half years later I've finally got the plumbing and new floor in and started on the shower installation. Meanwhile other projects have been backlogged. We got the new windows in over last summer, but they still need to be trimmed and shuttered. My shed is up and organized with shelving, but it too lacks the trim and finishing that I had planned. It's all about function first, then finishing touches later...
That said, what I haven't mentioned is that I actually enjoy the work and though it irritates sometimes that there just isn't time to do it all at the rate I would like, it's still fun. Few things can make you feel more manly than strapping on a tool belt full of stuff you don't really need but it makes that satisfying clink-clank sound each time you step, and then acting like you know exactly what you're doing as you take a hammer to the wrong wall.

1 comment:

Sarah Bogh said...

oh you are too funny! i'm glad you had your manly break, does it feel manly wearing a white coat and counting pills too???